Red face Unanswered: sqlstate 42727 - Not allowing to insert any record ???

Hello !
    I am trying to insert record from a VB client and i have also given the USE privileges for all the table spaces exisitng in the database to the user.
    But still db2 says
    "a default table space could not be found with a page size of at least "4096" that authorization ID "TP2" is authorized to use".

Later i found that DB2 needs IBMDEFAULTGROUP table space for storing the data to a default tablespace. I even created that too , but DB2 is still disappointing me!

Any suggestions,
    welcome ,
    Thanx in advance
    Vijay

Re: sqlstate 42727 - Not allowing to insert any record ???

It is bit confusing ...

AFAIK, USE privelage is required only for creating a new object .... For an existing table, all you need is INSERT privelage on the table...

Have you had your problem solved now ?

Originally posted by vijayanand
    Hello !
    I am trying to insert record from a VB client and i have also given the USE privileges for all the table spaces exisitng in the database to the user.
    But still db2 says
    "a default table space could not be found with a page size of at least "4096" that authorization ID "TP2" is authorized to use".

Later i found that DB2 needs IBMDEFAULTGROUP table space for storing the data to a default tablespace. I even created that too , but DB2 is still disappointing me!

Any suggestions,
    welcome ,
    Thanx in advance
    Vijay

It didnt worked

I gave all the required rights to the user , but still it didnt worked. But later on i created a user temporary table space and gave USE privilege on that table space and its working ...till now at least ! Thank god! If any body can justify the reason, i'll be thankful for the help!
    Vijay

I have received this error before when i was trying to insert into a table with a column type varchar having a length of 256. What i know is varchar(256) is too big that the default temp space cannot accept. What i did was to trim down varchar(256) into something smaller. Check your datatypes and lenghts of your datatypes, they might be too big for your default temp tablespace.