Unanswered: SQL7 and SQL2000 client installation in one machine

When I installed my SQL2000 client on my machine, It automatically upgrades my SQL7 client. Although SQL2000 has backward compatibility with SQL7, I still would like to have both SQL7 client and SQL2000 client installed on my machine and work independently because I am supporting different projects that uses SQL7 and SQL2000. Thanks!

When the setup programs asks you if you want to upgrade SQL 7, reply No. The program will then continue with a dual sys installation. It will add a 'Switch' to allow you to use either SQL 7 or SQL2000 on the same machine.

Thank you very much for the reply.

The setup program didn't prompt me whether to update or not to update my existing sql7 client. Please bear in mind that I am trying to install client components and not server components. Thanks!

I think i remember reading somewhere that you must upgrade the client tools. the switch applies only to the server, not the tools.

the 2000 version of the client tools should do just fine. You will not be able to see/use any of the 2000 features when you login to a sql 7 machine. It hides all that for you.