Unanswered: schema privelages

I have successfully granted connect to the group that requires it, now i am finding out that I need to grant select on the schema.tableame. My question this time is can it be done on the entire schema? ie the access is needed to do the same schema for the group, ex root.tablename where root is the schema that everyone needs to access.

thanks in advance

mark

I grant select on a table in the database by issuing the following command

db2 grant select on table schema.tablename to group groupname

I then log in as a member of that group and connect to the database. I then I try to issue a SQL statement against the table i just gave permission on

db2 select * from schema.tablename

But i get the following error message

SQL0104N An unexpected token "." was found following "admin.config archa99".
    Expected tokens may include: ",". SQLSTATE=42601

I looked in the message reference and i can't make out what is wrong with what I am doing

thanks in advance

Mark

Figured out the problem, for some reason it was reading all the files in the person's home directory(still don't know why it would?) but as long as the command is entered from the command line processor window everything is fine.

Mark,
    Looks like you are working on some Unix flavour. If so, it is best to enclose the command/sql within double quotes... for example,

db2 "select * from syscat.tables"

Unix command line interprets the * as an indication to list all files in the directory ....

Hope this helps ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mark_maz
    Figured out the problem, for some reason it was reading all the files in the person's home directory(still don't know why it would?) but as long as the command is entered from the command line processor window everything is fine.