Unanswered: displaying a Windows Explorer Object in a form?

Is it possible to put some sort of windows explorer object in a subform area on a form? I want to tie some files to different records in the database, but I would prefer not to have to include those files inside of an actual database table (It makes the database data table swell in size, and if it somehow ever gets corrupted you loose all of the files at once)

My intention was to have a "Files" subfolder, and then create another subfolder that = the RecordID of the auto-number primary key. Then I just wanted to bring up a form, and have an area in the middle of it that would bring up the file icons inside of "d:\files\15837" to delete a file, just press delete, to modify a file, just open it and modify it, to add another file, just drag it over. Can someone tell me if there is a good way to do this?

Thanks...

Try Microsoft ListView and ImageList ActiveX controls. You may find examples on MSDN.

HTH, Igor

hmm.....those are generic window/list controls that could be used for a lot of stuff, but using something like that is going to require me to build a lot of code, and it still isn't going to behave just like a windows exporer window.

I was hoping to use something along the lines of what happens if you performed the command:

Shell "explorer c:\", vbNormalFocus

but instead of opening the directory windows as a separate window, I would like for it to be embedded in my form.

Now this may be 100% impossible, but I'm hoping that there is a relatively painless way to do it, and I figgured that if anyone knew how, it would be someone around here.

thanks.

Hi,

DBI-TECH has explorer like ActiveX control:

http://www.dbi-tech.com/show_products.asp?id_prod=6

HTH, Igor

Thanks mate...looks like a cool product, but the price definitely won't work for our simple in-house DB I'm churning here...I'm saving the link for future reference on a larger prodcut. for now I will just rely on using
    shell "explorer c:\" and using the window that pops up.