Talking Unanswered: Oracle Enterprise Manager in Oracle 8.1.7

Hi DBAs ,

I'm trying to work with Oracle Trace Data Viewer . But Still couldn't get setup. Has anybody work with the Trace Data Viewer with Oracle 8.1.7 database ?

Can point the steps to follow ?

Regards.

San

Cool

San,

Read the Diagnostic Pack Installation and Configuration Guide. It is explained very nice how to so that.

Here are some tips from the Release Notes:

6.2.2 If using Oracle Trace Manager to discover products in an Oracle8 or Oracle 8i oracle_home, note that the SQL*Net product definition file (the file describing what to collect) has been removed for Oracle 8.0.3 (and higher) server releases. Therefore, the Oracle Trace Manager does not discover SQL*Net products for Oracle8 or higher releases.

6.2.3 If a database appears in the dropdown list of formatter databases in the form hostort:sid (and the database is not version 8.1.6 or greater), then discover the database through the Enterprise Manager console. The database will then be discovered with its normal service name.

6.2.4 The following problem exists for collections against 8.1.6 databases.

If you collect data for any of the following events:

Connect_Disconnect
    CACHEIO
    SQL_Text_Only
    SUMMARY
    Wait_Events

and then try to format this data to a schema that does NOT contain data
    from any of the following events:

SQL_Txns_and_Stats
    ALL, DEFAULT
    EXPERT
    SQL_and_Wait_Stats
    SQL_Stats_and_Plan

then the formatting will appear to fail and you will see an error
    dialog in Trace Manager. However, the format has failed only in a post-
    processing step. Therefore, the workaround is to launch Trace Dataviewer in standalone mode and connect to that formatted schema. Trace Dataviewer will correctly complete the post-processing step in the format.

6.3 Oracle Trace Data Viewer:

6.3.1 As noted in 6.1.2; in order to collect and view Oracle Trace data for Oracle8 or Oracle 8i databases, you must set the value of the
    ORACLE_TRACE_ENABLE parameter in your init<sid>.ora to TRUE.

6.3.2 In order for WAIT event time statistics to be collected and presented in the Oracle Trace Data Viewer, you must enable the "timed_statistics" parameter for your instance. This is a dynamic parameter that can be enabled from Oracle Enterprise Manager Instance Manager without re-starting the instance.

6.3.3 The Oracle Trace Data Viewer user must have database privileges to create tables, indexes, stored procedures, and functions.

6.3.4 CPU statistics may not be present in Oracle Server 7.3.3 collections on SUN OS databases.

6.3.5 As of version 2.0.4, the Trace Data Viewer requires the
    SELECT_ANY_TABLE SYSTEM privilege in addition to the privileges listed in Appendix C of the Oracle Trace User's Guide.

6.3.6 If you have both versions 1.x and 2.x of Trace Data Viewer installed in separate homes on the same system, you cannot create both 1.x and 2.x repositories in the same schema. If you attempt to create a 1.x repository in a 2.x repository schema, you will encounter errors.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    Senior Oracle DBA
    visit our web site for more info Here

Hi clio_usa ,

Thanks for the reply first.

Can you give me the link for Diagnostic Pack Installation and Configuration Guide ?

I tried the trace with command promt programs was OK. But I want is the GUI. ( More help )

And have I got to buy this diagnostics pack separately ?

Regards.

San.

San,

On your wish the guide is Here

And have I got to buy this diagnostics pack separately ?
    Yes, it is licensed from Oracle separately. It is based on user as far as I know.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    Senior Oracle DBA

visit our web site