Unanswered: Catalog Database

Hi,

We are using DB2-AIX 6 version.
    Previously the databases are cataloged. I am not uware of the Catalogging and Uncatalog of Database very well.

I want to uncatalog the database from remote server and then put the whole database on same node so that I can free up my existing database node.

If I directly install db2 on desired node and restore Database , will it work or else I will have to uncatalog it.

Also I tried doing cataloging of databse but it says node is not found. Do I have to catalog node first . And if yes how to do it.?

Thanks and regards,
    Deven.

Re: Catalog Database

You'll have to catalog a node before cataloging a remote database.

Assumuning you are using TCP/IP,

catalog tcpip node <node-name> remote <ip-address> server <remote db2 listner port> remote_instance <inst-name>

and then catalog the database using

catalog database <dbname> as <alias> at node <node-name>

For uncataloging,

uncatalog database <alias-name>

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by dkhambit
    Hi,

We are using DB2-AIX 6 version.
    Previously the databases are cataloged. I am not uware of the Catalogging and Uncatalog of Database very well.

I want to uncatalog the database from remote server and then put the whole database on same node so that I can free up my existing database node.

If I directly install db2 on desired node and restore Database , will it work or else I will have to uncatalog it.

Also I tried doing cataloging of databse but it says node is not found. Do I have to catalog node first . And if yes how to do it.?

Thanks and regards,
    Deven.