Cool Unanswered: problems with ODBC on DW-Center

I'am trying to get data from a flat file in order to populate a DB2 Table. The problems comes when I parse one of the file's fields using the CASE sentence provided by standar SQL.
    I get this error message when I test my STEP.

DWC07356E An agent's processing of a command of type "prepareSelectStatement" failed for edition "0" of step "flujo_paquetes - SQL".
    [MERANT][ODBC Text driver]Field not found: CASE
    RC = 7356 RC2 = 8565

I hope someone helps me with this,
    Thank you

First of all, you have to check if your ODBC Driver allows the use of the CASE statement, because the functions are usually applied into the source, not on the target. So i suggest that if you want to apply some case statements in your SQL, dump it into a db2 table then from there perform your transformations.

ken

Thank you very much Ken, but How do I know if my ODBC driver allows 'CASE' statement?
    Should I uppgrade it ?

Your welcome.

Usually if your trying to access a text file case statements are not allowed. What i know is case statements are only for several databases only. So the only thing to do is really dump it into a db2 table before performing any conversion, that way you would have more power playing around with the data using db2 functions.

regards,
    ken