Unanswered: Looking for deployment software packages?

I need to deploy my Access 2000 application (front-end, backend, and security databases) on a CD.

All the package/deployment software needs to do is copy to the hard drive and make shortcuts (with the appropriate paths) in the start menu. Registering the program in the registry is optional.

I've experimented with the Access deployment (without runtime option). I don't particularly like this because you have no control which .dll will be overwritten on a users computer.

Which other packages have folks used with success?

Hello,

I've used a program called Install Rite. This program basically takes a snapshot of your computer, you place what you need where you need it and also make your registry entries, then Install Rite will take another picture of the differences and create a setup file. It works pretty good. I personally haven't had any problems even with using Active X Controls and registering files. The best part is that its FREE. I think you can find it on ZDNets site under downloads. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Later Kal