Unhappy Unanswered: Problems with FMP 5.5 unlimited ODBC driver

Hi people,

I've got a Filemaker 5.5 database that I'm trying to access through DW Ultradev 4. I'm running PWS on an NT4 platform. I've create a System DSN with the FMP ODBC driver, and use that to define a connection in Ultradev. Testing this connection seems to work, in that I can see the table names, and even actual record data when I test a "SELECT *" query. However, I get an "undefined ODBC error" when trying to actually execute the ASP on the app server, or in Ultradev's Live data mode.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone discovered why it happens, where the problems lies, etc.

Filemaker support insists that the ODBC driver is fine, but a lot of other documentation suggests that Filemaker ODBC is buggy.

What's the go?

thanks,

Ben

Re: Problems with FMP 5.5 unlimited ODBC driver

Originally posted by barossabenjamin
    Hi people,

I've got a Filemaker 5.5 database that I'm trying to access through DW Ultradev 4. I'm running PWS on an NT4 platform. I've create a System DSN with the FMP ODBC driver, and use that to define a connection in Ultradev. Testing this connection seems to work, in that I can see the table names, and even actual record data when I test a "SELECT *" query. However, I get an "undefined ODBC error" when trying to actually execute the ASP on the app server, or in Ultradev's Live data mode.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone discovered why it happens, where the problems lies, etc.

Filemaker support insists that the ODBC driver is fine, but a lot of other documentation suggests that Filemaker ODBC is buggy.

What's the go?

thanks,

Ben
    The odbc support il filemaker is designed to be use in word, spreedsheat ... or to import or export data, it don't include all odbc future and it base on an old odbc specification.

If you need to use Filemaker in web project you should take a look at :

Lasso http://www.blueworld.com

Jdbc http://www.filemaker.com

Or XML
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Unhappy Filemaker 5 Unlimited and Coldfusion

Could this also be the problem we are having?

1) We have an NT server with a number of databases shared out using Filemaker Unlimited.

2) On a test computer we have a custom System DSN created in the "Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator" that uses the Filemaker Pro ODBC driver. We then checked "Use Remote Connection" and supplied the IP number of the NT server with Filemaker Unlimited.

3) On the same test computer we have a copy of Coldfusion server running. In its Data Sources configuration, we have one added that uses the custom DSN created in #2 and have entered the database password that all of the databases have.

4) when we try and access the databases in Dreamweaver MX to do any web page development, we are prompted for a username and password but we don't know what is doing the asking so we don't know what username and password to supply. We have tried a username/password combination for the NT server the Filemaker Unlimited is on. We have tried the administrator password for the Filemaker Unlimited. We have tried the password for the databases. None satisfy the request.

5) if we share the databases from a computer running the standard version of Filemaker 5.5, everything works fine and that particular username/password prompt does not appear.

Does anyone have any idea what system, service, process is asking for a username and password?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.

Mary

Re: Problems with FMP 5.5 unlimited ODBC driver

If you're trying to connect to Filemaker through ASP, you might want to take a look at the FmConnector for ASP (www.fmcdn.com). It's much faster and has more possibilities than ODBC.

Good luck,

Steven

Originally posted by barossabenjamin
    Hi people,

What's the go?

thanks,

Ben