Unanswered: MSSQLSERVER service isn't starting

Hi everybody!
    I need to move data from SQL Server7 to SQLServer2000 that is installed on a different machine.
    Could anybody please advise a good way to do that?

I've installed SQLServer7 on a new machine, stopped MSSQLSERVER service ,started SQLServer in a single user mode (using sqlservr.exe from Command Prompt),successfully restored master db from the backup. When I tried ro start MSSQLSERVER service via Services console, get message "Could not start the MSSQLSERVER service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error." I have Windows 2000 server.
    Thank you in advance

Have you tried a detach and attach?

detach and attach what? I use these sps dor databases. But I even can't start server

check your private messages for my reply I hit the private message button by mistake when replying
    Last edited by ambajo; 05-29-02 at 16:16.

Thank you for your response. I know why I can't start server after restoring master db on the new machine from backup made on the old machine -- the physical names of the system dbs in the master backup point to the drives that do not exist on the new machine.