Unanswered: Data reconciliation

I have an (ACCESS 2000) application that I can work on both at home and at work. I can change the database in either location and I can carry the changed database tables to the either place I am going to one at.
    That means that I have to reconcile the data by replacing the old data with the new data. What is the best way to go about this?
    Do I replace the entire data?
    Do I replace only changed rows? If so, how? Do I have to be prompted before replacing a row?

Does anybody have sample code he/she can spare me.

Common practice for me, doing the same, is to keep a copy of the old database, and call it abother name like OldData300502, and then replace the entire database with the name NewData310502.

This only occurs during development once I am happy with my structure I no longer transport the database and keep the current NewData as my source at home.

For working with data you should be looking into replication.

if i am interpreting what you are saying correctly, you could replicate your database (create replica function) and then just use the "synchronize" feature to synchronize the data in the two databases.

hope this helps.

Thanks for your response; i am now reading about replication. What I have not been able to find yet is whether replication and syncronisation can be done programmatically or only interactively.

Do you have any clues?

Michael

should be able to get to it programmatically... i dont have to deal with it personally so i dont know the details of it, just in theory =)