Unanswered: Linking 2 databases - trouble defining relationship (access 97)

This is my first time designing relational database....

Ok, I have 2 completed databases - one a fish habitat database and the other a database containing data about flood structures.

I need to join the 2 together - need one database. I know how to import tables - but am having trouble on defining the first relationship between the 2 database.

The fish habitat database has a table (called "barrier type") which contains 3 fields (barrier id, description , acronym). The description field contains a record called "flood structures."

Since my 2nd database contains information about flood structures (its main table is called "flood structures") - I would like to relate the "flood structures" record to the "flood structures" table from the 2nd database.

I know you cannot link a record to a table - so I am stuck as how to link these two databases - help!

If you need more info about my problem or the databases i am working with please let me know!

Until then - thanks for your help

Susan

In your fish database, find your floodstructure record, and choose lookup as its datatype. This will open the combo box wizard, and enable you to create a combobox of flood structures. As well a relationship will be created for you.