Thread: step into

Unanswered: step into

In the visual basic code I clicked on the left hand vertical bar to set the breakpoint where the code I wanted to step into. When I clicked on F8 to step into it does not work. What step am I missing?

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

If you want to debug your code, then put Stop statement at the place where you want to start debugging. Then execute your code. When the execution stops, you can continue to execute the code line by line pressing F8 button. Explore button F5 too.

HTH, Igor

step into

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

I set the breakpoint where I wanted to debug by clicking on the left hand vertical bar, and I got red dot along with the line of code highlighted. But when I click on Run on the Menu bar, it gave me three options- Run sub/userform, break and reset. I clicked on the Run sub option I got a dialog box prompting me for Macro name and a drop down box for Macros In. How can I execute the code? In VB it was quite easy to do. I am using Access2000.

You must execute the code before you can do step into?

Please advise.

Did you try to run your application the way it's supposed to be run on daily basis? As only the code executions hits Stop statement it'll get to debug mode.

Igor