Question Unanswered: Page Numbering By Group or Sort/Group Problem?

Hi All,

I'm using Access 2002 on a Win98 machine and have the following problem. Forgive me for being long-winded, I'm just trying to be clear:

1) My users fill out a form, designating a range of Work Orders to print...

2) Next they click a "preview report" button which pulls up a report fed by a query which contains references to the form. Got that? :-) OK, Now here's the problem part:

3) When the report prints I want the pages numbered by individual Work Order, not by the total pages to print in the report. That is, I want numbering to start over when I reach the next Work Order. I have Sorting/Grouping by Work Order Number, but the control still reads "Page 1 of 7" [7 pages in the example total report - It should say "Page 1 of 3" on the first page and "Page 1 of 4" on the 4th page]

I have tried putting this control in the group header, the group footer, the page header, the page footer and all have been unsuccessful. I've found some info on the www.mvps.org site [Printing First and Last Page Numbers for Report Groups], but couldn't make it work, either. I still think I'm doing something wrong w/ my sorting/grouping, but can't figure it out...

Any ideas or further guidance would be great!
    Thanks,
    Zsoka

Hi,

The simplest solution would be to have only one work order per report. Then create structure:

Do While
    Loop

to print as many work orders (reports) as you needed.

Just my 2 cents.

Igor

Thanks

Thanks IGelin for your speedy reply - I feel honored that you would consider replying to my measly low post count question! I'll try playing with your idea for a while...but tell me if the following has any bearing on your response:

Each work order is comprised of operations which I've put in the detail section of my report - It's these operations which require separate pages, in addition to putting different work orders on different pages. Let me know if I'm being unclear....

Thanks for your time!
    Zsoka

Hi,

I mean printing only one work order per report. You may also group report by operations and start new group with new page. MS Access report writer allows to do that.

Igor

You're the best!

Thanks again, I'll try that and let you know--
    Zsoka

This works, too

Hi All,
    I found Q131937 for Access 2.0 which showed examples from Northwind how to do something like this - well, I put the control in my group header, forced a new page after my group footer and added the line of code to Group Header OnFormat as shown in Northwind: Page = 1. Sheesh, my pages began incrementing at page 2, so I changed the code to read Page = 0, put it in my GroupFooter OnFormat and now it works. One caveat: I skipped the Page X of X Pages style of numbering, so now it just reads: Page X, but the multi group incrementing works here, which it didn't do before. Any questions or clarifications, feel free to write me--
    Thanks (esp to IGelin)
    Zsoka