Originally posted by atulvaze I am not able to install Oracle 8.1.7 on my P4 computer
I know there is problem of compatibility so please give me the location of Patch.
The patch number is 1507768. You can find it on Metalink.
There are also several workarounds available .
I have recently encountered the same problem so below I give an extract from the Note on this problem
1. Create a temporary directory on your server.
2. Copy the entire contents of the Oracle RDBMS Server CD
to the temporary directory created in step 1.
3. Search the directory structure created in Step 1 for the existence
of the filename symcjit.dll.
4. Rename each copy of the symcjit.dll to symcjit.old.
5. Run the setup.exe from the \install\win32 directory and install
Oracle 8.1.x and related products.
If you continue to experience any of the symptoms after performing either of the workarounds above, follow these steps:
1. Copy the contents of the \install directory to a temporary
directory on your harddisk.
2. Search for all copies of the 'symcjit.dll' file, and rename them to
3. Go to the \install directory and open the 'oraparam.ini' file for
editing. Please note this file is write-protected.
4. Change the JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS parameter to
JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-nojit -ms16m -mx32m
5. Save the oraparam.ini file.
6. Start the installation again."