Post Unanswered: expression is too complex

in a query, using an iif statement, I have 11 conditions, on entering the tenth one it says my expression is too complex. Is there a way around that?

Try

switch()

choose()

Don't take this error message too literally. It sometimes comes up when other problems exist, like bad data.

what does the switch() or choose() functions look like? Their format I mean.

SWITCH()

The following example uses the Switch function to determine the appropriate language for a specified city based on the values of the ShipCountry and ShipCity fields in an Orders table. You can enter the following expression in a calculated control on a form or report. The expression is shown on multiple lines for clarity; you can also enter it on a single line.

= Switch([ShipCity] = "Madrid", "Spanish", _
    [ShipCity] = "Berlin", "German", _
    [ShipCity] = "Torino", "Italian", _
    [ShipCountry] = "France", "French", _
    True, "English")

If the city is Madrid, the Switch function returns "Spanish"; if it is Berlin, it returns "German"; and so on. If the city is not one of those listed, but the country is France, it returns "French". If the city in question is not in the list, the Switch function returns "English".

CHOOSE()

You can use the Choose function to create a calculated control whose value is determined by the value of a field in a table in your database. For example, suppose you have a Shippers table that contains a field called ShipperID. You could create a calculated control on a form to display a text name for the shipper based on the value of the ShipperID field.

=Choose([ShipperID], "Speedy", "United", "Federal")

These came from the MS Access help online.
    "There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it over!"

Thanks JD, I searched the MS help and support website and looked in the A2K online help, guess I didn't search good enough. Thanks for your help.

Worked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Switch([isize]<0,0+[exutiss],[isize]<0.3,1+[exutiss],[isize]<0.7,2+[exutiss],[isize]<=1,3+[exutiss],[isize]<2.1,4+[exutiss],[isize]<=3,5+[exutiss],[isize]<=4,6+[exutiss],[isize]<=8,7+[exutiss],[isize]<=12,8+[exutiss],[isize]<=24,9+[exutiss],[isize]>24,10+[exutiss])
    Thanks a bunch!