Unanswered: Access : PB : Error with CurrentDb

Hi !

In my computer, an Access Application run just fine

But when I want to use the Access Application in an other PC, with the Same OS (Win 2000) and the Same Access (2000) I got an error Message when loading a Form :

Error of Execution : '2147024770 (8007007e)' :

Method 'CurrentDb' of Object '_Application' failed

Do you have an Idea ?

The only difference between my PC and the other PC is that the other PC use Office XP instead of Office 2000.

Is is a problem of Conflict ? Is my vba module corrupted ?

Thanks

I think you are using DAO or ADO in your application and the references have been set in your Office but not on the other machine.

And how can I set the references in the other PC (I have never did that)

Thanks

First on your home machine open the VBE by going to tools - macro - visual basic editor.

In the visual basic editor click on Tools and select references. Write down the ticked boxes.

Go to the otehr machine and do the same but see which boxes arent ticked. For the unticked boxes, scroll down the list until you find the missing reference tick that and click OK. Then get out by closing the windows as needed.

Security Related

I have not found the exact answer, but I think it is security related. If the user does not have enough rights, then this message is thrown.

For example, can you edit your registry by running 'regedit' from the command line or do you get an error?

Make sure DAO 3.6 is selected (via References - by way of the VB Editor [Tools|References] menu) on all machines.