Post Unanswered: Dwc07356e Rc = 7356 Rc2 = 8410

Hi,

I have this problem below,

DWC07356E An agent's processing of a command of type "runUDP" failed for edition "0" of step "New Process - Submit OS/390 JCL jobstream".
    Error issuing FTP command.
    RC = 7356 RC2 = 8410

Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks,

Ssonko

what were you trying to do in DB2 Warehouse Manager?

I was trying to submit an OS/390 jcl job using the program vwpmvs.exe.
    That's when this error comes up.

Originally posted by ken_ken
    what were you trying to do in DB2 Warehouse Manager?

when it comes to OS/390 jcl i don't have an idea. it may be possible that you lack some parameters to pass to the application. I'm not sure about it, but try providing more information and i'll try to see if i can help.

I have checked the error below and it does not seem to provide much info

DWC08410E The agent was unable to execute a Data Warehouse Center Program.

Explanation: If a secondary return code (RC2) was returned, then the agent ran, but failed during execution. The value of RC2 is the return code returned by the Data Warehouse Center Program.

If RC2 = 1 for an NT agent, this may indicate that the fully qualified program name on the Program page of the Program notebook is incorrect, or that the program is not installed.

If RC2 = 127 for an AIX agent, this may indicate that the fully qualified program name on the Program page of the Program notebook is incorrect, the program is not installed, or the user ID specified for this agent site does not have execute authority and read authority. Both authority types are required.

If RC2 was not returned, then either the file for the Data Warehouse Center Program was not found or was not in a format that could be executed.

User Response: Check the value of RC2. If a non-zero return code was returned by the Data Warehouse Center Program, take the recommended action for that return code in the Data Warehouse Center Program documentation. If the program is one of the IBM programs shipped with Data Warehouse Center, the documentation is in the Data Warehouse Center Program directory of the CD-ROM.

If the value of RC2 is null or zero, verify that the path and filename supplied for the Data Warehouse Center Program are still valid. If they are, verify that the Data Warehouse Center Program is still in a format that can be executed.

Re: Dwc07356e Rc = 7356 Rc2 = 8410

I got my problem resolved by installing DB2 Connect as well.
    This enabled the agent to communicate with the mainframe.

Originally posted by ssonko
    Hi,

I have this problem below,

DWC07356E An agent's processing of a command of type "runUDP" failed for edition "0" of step "New Process - Submit OS/390 JCL jobstream".
    Error issuing FTP command.
    RC = 7356 RC2 = 8410

Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks,

Ssonko