Unanswered: DSum, Query & Critieria

This is killing me.

I'm trying to create a report where one enters criteria, the report opens up and certain fields total. But since I figured out how to make users enter criteria, now my DSum totals don't worry anymore. All I get is #Error.

The Code:

=DSum("Expr3", "[qry_generic_contractor]", "[RateCode] = Like "*" & [parameter value] & "*"")

Expr3 is an expression - ([EndTime]-[StartTime])*24 - in a query and "qry_generic_contractor" is that query. RateCode is the field in the query where the criteria resides.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Still can't get it

I've spent several more hours on this and I just can't do it. I must be missing something basic (Newbie - can ya tell?) because I've downloaded other sample databases and it's totally doable. I just can't replicate that!

So you'll find my test database attached. Go to the Report "rpt_generic_contractor". It will prompt you to enter a parameter. Enter "GB". It will then bring up "payables" entered for GB. That's great. But the totals on the footer don't work. Just display #Error. The Report builds on the query "qry_generic_contractor". It's getting the criteria from the query into the report that's done me in.

Thanks anybody who can help me on this!
    Last edited by gehebr; 06-15-02 at 17:01.

Solution

Well, it's not elegant, but I did arrive at some sort of solution. Thanks everyone!