Unanswered: Date field update - wrong way round

I have succesfully exported our customer and installation details out of an old Dos based database program into a new Access DB. I had to use routines to get the date to export as text and have imported the data to the new tables only to find (after starting to use the new DB) that the "Installation Date" field has the month and day transposed. ie instead of reading 1st April it says 4th of Jan. (yes I should have checked more records

As I have already inputted a lot of new records since the transfer I cannot re import the data nor can I simply alter the form display of that filed as it would then reverse the new records.

So i need to change records that have a unique reference of 1 to 3500 with a date swop function. I guess I need to use an append query and possible use the DatePart function. Any ideas appreciated for this new frustrated access user.

I had a similar problem a while ago in an accounting program. What I did was converted to text the date and used left([date],2) to seperate out the first part and the second part of the date then reassembled hte date in a new field.

This might work for you.

Thanks for the reply, I found an alternative and probably easier way of doing it. As the records were consecutive that had the problem I copied the date field that was wrong way round and pasted to a new table. I reversed the format of the date to mm/dd/yy which turned the date round.

If I then pasted it back to the original access table it still would not correct so I pasted to an excel spreadsheet column and then back to the access table. Worked a treat. I have since checked all dates and every entry seems ok.

Many thanks,
    Dave