Unanswered: Oracle 8.1.7 on Debian 3

I have read lots of documentation on how to install, configure and such on this topic. It still wont work for me. I have followed the directions very carefully and have also tried it on another computer. The problem I am getting is during the install, after it finishes the net 8 install, it continues to creating the database. It gives me an error ora-03114 and ora-03113. I have looked this error up on oracles webstie and have done a search in google. The fixes did'nt work. I tried to install 8.1.6 and during the database install it freezes. When I do a ps aux it shows that that instance is (defunct).
    HUH????

If anyone has had any luck installing oracle on debian please let me know, or if anyone has any ideas please help!!

Re: Oracle 8.1.7 on Debian 3

Hi,
    When i have install Oracle on a Red Hat 7.*, the docs i have read tells that u have to choose "NO" to the question "INSTALL EXAMPLE DATABASE"... You can find a lot of CREATE DATABASE SCRIPTS on the internet, so dont try to insttal demo database, just instal the server and then create your ouwn DB.
    Bye :-)

Originally posted by linuxvermal
    I have read lots of documentation on how to install, configure and such on this topic. It still wont work for me. I have followed the directions very carefully and have also tried it on another computer. The problem I am getting is during the install, after it finishes the net 8 install, it continues to creating the database. It gives me an error ora-03114 and ora-03113. I have looked this error up on oracles webstie and have done a search in google. The fixes did'nt work. I tried to install 8.1.6 and during the database install it freezes. When I do a ps aux it shows that that instance is (defunct).
    HUH????

If anyone has had any luck installing oracle on debian please let me know, or if anyone has any ideas please help!!