Thread: Win32::ODBC

Unanswered: Win32::ODBC

Does anyone have any experience with the Win32::ODBC Perl module. If so, maybe you could help me with a problem.

I keep getting a runtime error when the script is run that says that the database could not be opened. That it is already opened or that I do not have permission to open it.

I know that it is not currently opened. Also, I have granted full permissions on the folder that houses the DB, the DB itself, the folder that contains the company intranet, the folder that houses the script, and the script itself.

Any ideas?

Greg

A code snippet and the connection string could help in understanding your problem better.
    Blank out user info and passwords

Code

use Win32::ODBC;

if (!($db = new Win32::ODBC("ISDB"))){
    print "Error connecting to ISDB\n";
    print "Error: " . Win32::ODBC::Error() . "\n";
    exit;
    }

$db->Sql("INSERT INTO techissue (ticketnumber, date, practicename, contact, phone1, issuetype, explanation) " .
    "VALUES ($convalue, $dtvalue, $pvalue, $nvalue, $phvalue, $prob, $dvalue)");

$db->Close();

Hope this can shed some light. It prints out the error messages at the top, so I know that it is not even connecting.

just found on the Win32::ODBC FAQ

The MS Access driver (the "Jet Engine") will always attempt to write a file named the same as your database but with an .ldb extension. This contains info on who is currently using the database, from what computer, etc. The Access driver also writes temporary files to perform it's work. If the account running the script does not have write (or add) permissions on the directory the script is running from, the Access driver will fail because it can not write these temporary files.
    maybe this is it?