Unanswered: MS Access query dialog boxes no longer display

Upon opening an MS Access database and running some update queries, I then receive no dialog boxes indicating how many records are being updated, deleted, appended, etc., when running any further queries. Also, I no longer receive a dialog (Do you want to save changes?) when closing a database object with changes. Any changes to the design of a query, form, report, etc. are saved regardless. The only workaround is to reboot my pc and avoid running the initial macro with select, make-table, update, and delete queries. My OS is Windows NT 4.0 and MS Access is 2000 (9.03821. SR-1). When the problem occurs, it effects any other database I open until I have rebooted my pc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like your warnings are being turned off. Check your Autoexec macro and see if there is a SetWarnings command in there.

This seems to have resolved the problem. I updated each of the macros in the database - turning the "Set Warnings" back on at the end. I now get dialogs when creating/running new queries and after making changes to existing database objects. Thanks TJoy.
    Last edited by JamesB; 06-19-02 at 10:08.

Happy to help!

I get messed up once in a while if my code bombs out in the middle after the warnings have been turned off. I don't get the whole screen back, and I've setup a macro that only has the SetWarnings On command in it, and I have to run it to take back control of the database. I'm using Access 2000, don't know if anyone else has experienced this........