Unanswered: ASE and SQL anywhere studio

Hi there,

We are developing a software that will be used by around 25 users...it needs a database...We dont want to have a dedicated database administrator for the application....I am at a loss to decide which database to choose....Adaptive Server Enterprise or SQL anywhere studio...What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of them?

In either case,if I need to develop a GUI front end, what can I choose?

Thanks
    Kamur

Sounds like SQL Anywhere will work fine. What is the anticipated size of the database?

SQL Anywhere features:
    http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1016232,00.html
    Thanks,

Matt

Thanks! I expect the db size to be around 200MB. In anycase, what is the threshold size for SQL anywhere studio ?

Also, what interfaces can I use best:
    ODBC or, JDBC or, ESQL, or Open Client, or OLE DB, or ADO,or PHP etc? I need it to be very cost effective also?

Thanks
    Kamur

From what I understand SQL Anywhere is not suitable for databases in the hundreds of GB. It should handle 200MB like pie. Probably even 10GB, too, although I cannot say for certain.

As far as interfaces as long as they use the Sybase CT libs I think you should be fine. I am not sure what the Party Line from Sybase is on client languages. We use PHP with no problems. What is your application?
    Thanks,

Matt