Unanswered: coexistence of 8i and 9i SUN Sparc

Hello everybody!

I have had a big problem after the installation of Oracle 9i on the same server (different Oracle Home and different user) where a prior installation of Oracle 8i resides and is running.
    When I try to run an utility like "dbassist" or "netasst" (and so on) I get the error "jre not found...".
    Under the directory where the JRE resides the executable disappeared; I think it was removed by the Oracle 9i installer to make room for the new version of 9i jre under Oracle 9i home.
    Is it possible that during the installation of 9i the OUI didn't link correctly all the executables and leaved this situation of inconsistency for Oracle 8i?

Thanks in advance for any post to my message...

ps (I'll need this information asap)

Cool

No such thing. I have 8.0.6, all 8.1.. and 9.0.1 on the E4500 and never had such issue. You must have done something manually.

If you suspect broken links in either oracle home, then just relink the executable against the libraries.

Detailed instructions for both 8i and 9i are provided Here

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP DBA
    visit our web site Click Here

Thank you Clio for your reply,

I tried to relink the executables (after checking environment variables) but the situation didn't change. I tried also to copy the entire jre directory from another server with the same Oracle8i version but I didn't get any chance, the new error after running for example "netca" is <Class not found: oracle.net.ca.NetCA>.
    I get similar error messages also when I run "dbassist" and "netasst".

Any suggestions about this kind of errors?

Thank U

Originally posted by clio_usa
    No such thing. I have 8.0.6, all 8.1.. and 9.0.1 on the E4500 and never had such issue. You must have done something manually.

If you suspect broken links in either oracle home, then just relink the executable against the libraries.

Detailed instructions for both 8i and 9i are provided Here

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP DBA
    visit our web site Click Here