Unanswered: combobox and checkbox

hello, i searched the forums but i could not find a specific answer to this..
    I have a subform with a combobox and a checkbox...the problem is that when several values are listed on the table (from the combobox); clicking on any checkbox give ALL yes or ALL no, not only the selected item or row as i was aiming for....

the combobox is from a table; the checkbox was inserted after on the form

thanks for any help

N!

Please describe what you are wanting to do with the combo box and check box.

i have a series of subjects that each student then selects from, giving a form with studentdata and a subform with selected subjects (done as a combobox).

on this subform i added a checkbox where a "yes" means that the student has passed the exam.

the forms show well with a subofrm showing the list of subjects selected. A new checkbox is in the row for each subject, but clicking on any one makes all of them "yes" or "no".

N!

I think from what you are describing, the checkbox is not sourced from the table or query that forms the recordsource for the subform. Add the checkbox as a field to the underlying table as a yes no and I think your problem will be solved.

(You will have to add the new field as the checkbox to your subform)

thanks a lot...i will give it a try..

dynamictiger's comment makes good sense.

Suppose you have a subform and the default view = Continuous Forms, and on the subform you have an 'unbound' control. When a user enters data in the unbound control will appear on each of the subforms records. This is true whether it is a check box or textbox or combobox.

Have fun and may all your students pass their exams.
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.