Unanswered: some (most likely simple) DB2 problems

When I create a stored procedure that is to just take in one input, and then return that input, I get errors on every data type except for integer. I know that RETURN only takes an integer, so is there some other way of doing it without using RETURN?

Also, for a stored procedure which takes in an input and an input/output, adds them, and sets it into the input/output, none of the non-numeric data types work. When I tried using CONCAT (or || ) to put two character strings together, it would only set the first variable into the input/output. For example, when I did this:

SET INPUTOUTPUT_CHAR = (INPUT_CHAR CONCAT INPUTOUTPUT_CHAR)

and I put 'Hello' for INPUT_CHAR and 'World' for INPUTOUTPUT_CHAR, it would saw that INPUTOUT_CHAR's new value was only 'Hello'. When I tried ('Hello' CONCAT INPUTOUTPUT_CHAR), it said 'Hello World', but once I put ('Hello' CONCAT INPUTOUTPUT_CHAR CONCAT INPUT_CHAR) it would not read in the last variable.
    I also had similar problems with date, time, blob, clob, dbclob, graphic, and vargraphic.

The last problem lies in a stored procedure where I have to create a table with all possible data types and select all the rows from it. First of all, I thought that DB2 had a data type to support currency (I thought it was MONEY), because it is listed in some of the books that I have; however, when I put it in the table, it said that it is not a valid type. Also, with blob, clob, dbclob, graphic, and vargraphic, what kind of things do I put in the table? I tried numbers and letter, and both worked

If anyone could help me out with these issues, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

ther is no MONEY type in DB2 , I have seen the same only in Sybase.
    BLOB's store binary data so all hex chars are possible values & CLOBS store all characters upto 2GB , DBLOBS store Double byte chars for internationalisation ie unicode
    Will get back on the SP problemsa later
    Cheers
    Saka
    :-)