Unanswered: grid control for access?

does anybody know how to emulate the grid that is used in the design view of tables? specifically the "Data Type" column, when the focus is in the data type column, you get a pull-down menu of items.

any help would be great.

I am familiar with the table design, but I'm not sure what you mean by emulate. What do you want to do?
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

for example, lets say I have a table "Contacts", and it contains foreign keys to other tables. it also contains fields such as first name, last name, email, mobile#, home address, etc.

lets just say one foreign key is called "CompanyID" and it references a table called "Company" which is a table of made of company name, address, webpage, and fone (or whatever else u want).

i want to be able to display the contacts table in a grid fashion (as if u were just opening up the table), but in place of the foreign keys, you have dropdown menus which contain a list of possible values.

so the first few columns will be first name, last name, email. these are just plain old cells. the next column is company - this will be a pulldown menu (in place of a free-text cell which would contain the foreign key) and you can pick from a list of companies (defined in the company table). when you pick a company, it will automatically update the foreign key value.

are you following what i'm saying?

I savvy.

A form can be made to look like anything. It can have a white background and all the controls be aligned such that it looks just like a Word document. Similarly I think you can make a form (or subform) where all the controls are aligned horizontally such that it looks like a table. This provides the look of a table with the features of a form (such as combo boxes that have as their rowsource another table).

Savvy?
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.