Unanswered: Access Report Inconsistencies

I have an application developed in Access 2002 that generates reports containing variable data from a form + a lot of text fields (paragraphs). The reports are launched from the form. When I run the application on other machines using Access 2002 runtime, on some the reports look exactly as they did on my development machine; but on others, lines are cut off at the end and some lines are cut on the bottom.

At first I thought it was a Windows 98 thing, but have found some Win2K machines doing it also. Is this problem due to differing screen resolutions or monitor types? Is there a quick-fix other than just allocating extra room at the bottom and ends of each line? A WYSIWYG report development environment sure would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Something to check...

I've had that sort of problem when different printer drivers are involved.

If the machines have access to the same printer, try altering the design of the report to point to that specific printer.
    Last edited by TJoy; 06-26-02 at 14:00.

Thanks Tjoy - I was thinking the drivers may be an issue. Unfortunately I'm deploying this out in the field where there will be multiple printer drivers out there. I have adjusted all the text & variable fields on the reports to the end of the page with extra room below each line to account for any expansion due to this issue.

I was hoping to see if there may be a setting or some code I could put in the "On Activate" event to address this.

Thanks again,
    Brian

Hmmm. Without know too many specifics, I would suggest being conservative with your margins and putting in strategic page breaks. However, this won't solve the problem if you have large chunks of text....

If anything else springs to mind, I'll let you know.

Teresa