Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    3

    Post Unanswered: SQLallochandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV Failure

    Anyone help me on the following. I am re-installing MSSQL 2000 onto a test laptop but get the following error right at the end of the installation. This is taken from the sqlstp.log file,

    Starting Service...

    Connecting to Server...

    driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

    [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Mnager] Driver's SQLallocHandle on SQL-HANDLE-ENV failed

    It says this three times. The install then stops but does not appear in the program files so I have to delete manually and take the registry settings to re-install.

    Anyone have any ideas.....

    Jamie

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1
    Join this link:
    http://www.easysoft.com/products/9999/faq_answer.phtml?ID=100&product=2002
    Bye

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3
    I just solved this problem on my system. I was missing the SQLSRV32.RLL (that is RLL, not DLL) file that accompanies the SQLSRV32.DLL. I copied the RLL from my home system (that had it) to my office system (that didn't) and the SQL server finally installed properly.

    Both systems run Windows XP Professional; the office system had been upgraded from Windows 2000; the home system was fresh installed with
    XP. This MAY be the reason for the missing .RLL file.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    3
    Thanks,

    I did try this but still got the same response:

    Below is taken from the sqlstp.log, it failes right at the end:

    14:35:18 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\cnfgsvr.exe -F "C:\winnt\sqlstp.log" -I MSSQLSERVER -V 1 -M 0 -Q "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" -H 66550 -U sa -P
    ################################################## #############################


    Starting Service ...

    SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

    -m -Q -T4022 -T3659

    Connecting to Server ...

    driver={sql server};server=PC1007;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to establish connection

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Unable to load communication module. Driver has not been correctly installed.

    driver={sql server};server=PC1007;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to establish connection

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Unable to load communication module. Driver has not been correctly installed.

    driver={sql server};server=PC1007;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to establish connection

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Unable to load communication module. Driver has not been correctly installed.

    SQL Server configuration failed.

    ################################################## #############################

    14:36:02 Process Exit Code: (-1)
    14:36:34 Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and C:\winnt\sqlstp.log for more information.
    14:36:36 Action CleanUpInstall:
    14:36:36 C:\winnt\TEMP\SqlSetup\Bin\scm.exe -Silent 1 -Action 4 -Service SQLSERVERAGENT
    14:36:36 Process Exit Code: (1060) The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

    14:36:36 C:\winnt\TEMP\SqlSetup\Bin\scm.exe -Silent 1 -Action 4 -Service MSSQLSERVER
    14:36:36 Process Exit Code: (0)
    14:36:36 StatsGenerate returned: 2
    14:36:36 StatsGenerate (0x0,0x1,0xf000000,0x200,1033,303,0x0,0x1,0,0,0
    14:36:36 StatsGenerate -1,JamieW)
    14:36:36 Installation Failed.

    Any one got any more ideas as I have used up all mine...

    Jamie

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3

    Use Comcheck tool to verify your MDAC installation

    Check your MDAC installation using the tool (comcheck.exe) found at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q307255&

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    3
    All Thanks for your help,

    I rolled back my MDAC 2.6 and reconfigured. This resolved the issues U was having, also replacing the SQLSRV32.RLL file sorted out my first problem as well.


    Jamie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •