Question Unanswered: [Microsoft][SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error opening/loading com.microsoft.util.

Hi,

When I connect to my MS Sql server 2000 database using JDBC through an applet i get this error:
    [Microsoft][SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error opening/loading com.microsoft.util.transliteration.properties

I donit' think i have a code problem since my code works fine when its in a stand-alone application.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    thanks
    Thanks much!!!

Kat

Two possibilities I can think of offhand, mind you they're both grasping at straws:

You've probably already thought of this, but is the database on the same machine as the web server?
    If it isn't then you can run in to all sorts of issues with Java's security model, although they are normally reported as security exceptions.

Are you sure that the JDBC drivers are in the correct place on your web server and are correctly referenced by the applet tag?

Hope this helps,
    Geoff

in response to your suggestions

thanks for responding!
    Just to answer your questions,
    about the web server database server one, i'm looking at my applet in applet viewer, so that doesnt' apply i guess? and both are on my machine, like my machine is the database server, adn it has applet viewer..
    in repsonse to the 2nd one, yeahi've been thinking about that and i can't figure out if i did it wrong. i copied the necessary jar files into the same folder as my html file + necessary classes...
    i'm using forte which builds classpath from mounted filesystems, so i have the correct filesystem mounted of course or i couldn't even run my applet

heres how i wrote the html file though (i could have written it wrong):
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Applet HTML Page</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>

<H3><HR WIDTH="100%">Applet HTML Page<HR WIDTH="100%"></H3>

<P>
    <!--"CONVERTED_APPLET"-->
    <!-- CONVERTER VERSION 1.3 -->
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
    WIDTH = 999 HEIGHT = 999 codebase="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/jinstall-13-win32.cab#Version=1,3,0,0">
    <PARAM NAME = CODE VALUE = "myApplet.class" >
    <PARAM NAME = CODEBASE VALUE = "." >
    <PARAM NAME = ARCHIVE VALUE = "mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar, msbase.jar">
    <PARAM NAME="type" VALUE="application/x-java-applet;version=1.3">
    <PARAM NAME="scriptable" VALUE="false">
    <COMMENT>
    <EMBED type="application/x-java-applet;version=1.3" CODE = "myApplet.class" CODEBASE = "." ARCHIVE = "msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar" WIDTH = 999 HEIGHT = 999 scriptable=false pluginspage="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/plugin-install.html"><NOEMBED></COMMENT>

</NOEMBED></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

<!--"END_CONVERTED_APPLET"-->

</P>

<HR WIDTH="100%"><FONT SIZE=-1><I>Generated by NetBeans IDE</I></FONT>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>
    Thanks much!!!

Kat