Unanswered: xml template problem with sql server 20000

I have tried to set up a virtual directory to one of the databases on my server through IIS Virtual Dir' Man' for sql server and although I can run any queries through the browser when I try to run an XML template it produces the following error :

ERROR: 404 Not Found
    HResult: 0x80070005
    Source: Microsoft SQL isapi extension
    Description: Access denied

I am stumped and wondered if anyone could help ?
    Thanks folks
    Jacqui

Have you applied ss2k web release 1 hotfix ? If not, see the following:

HOTFIX

I have just installed it (incase) but it has made no difference to the error.

Any other ideas ???

Jacqui.

In IIS what authentification method are you using - anonymous/basic/integrated ?

Anonymous authentication

Talking

rnealejr

You are great. You asking me about the authentication made me look at that deeper and I tried using Windows authentication and now it works quite hapily thanks a million.

J

SQLXML

I am facing the same problem here. I am able to execute SQL queries in the URL but when i try to use a template which contains stored procedures with parameters an error message is coming which is

ERROR: 404 Not Found
    HResult: 0x80070005
    Source: Microsoft SQL isapi extension
    Description: Access denied

And the funny thing is that i am not getting this error and every thing works perfectly in my development server where as when i put the same thing in the production server its giving this problem.

Only difference between the two is that i have Visual Studio .NET Architect and office 2000 in the development machine where as i dont have these in the production server. But i have installed the .NET Framework and the .NET SDK in the production server.

Any body got any clue wats going wrong...I badly need a solution for this. Pls help

Thanks