Unanswered: SQl2000 / VB6 ADO, cryptacquirecontext error

Hi Guys

Having a problem where i'm happily running my VB6 application against a sql2000 database.

My VB6 application will do a certain number iterations (reading from a recordset, and then inserting records into a table), and then it
    will fall over with the following error message.

Run Time Error ='2147467259 (80004005)' :

CryptoAPI function 'CryptAcquireContext' failed. Error 0x8009001d:
    (Error description unavailable)

At this point, I try closing the ADO connection, and re-opening, and I get the same error.

Whenever I try to load another windows program (i.e. Windows Explorer), I get a 'not enough memory to load program' error

I know that I have memory avaliable, (at least 80mb is being reported in the 'Free Physical Memory').

If I try running the SQL Insert statment in SQL Query Analyser, the insert works perfectly. (And I can also disconnect / reconnect to the SQL Server)

The only way to get my VB6 App to run the SQL Insert line is to stop the SQL Server process, and re-start it.

Obviously this is not a great solution, as my code is running on a client's machine which I do not have control over.

I've looked on newsgroups, and forums, and have come across a few references to this problem, yet none of them have had definative answers.

Can anybody help me please?????

Steve

Try creating a small stored procedure that will do the insert for you.
    Execute it from VB with MyConnex.execute "exec ps_MyInsertProc " & params....
    Hope it works.

Re: SQl2000 / VB6 ADO, cryptacquirecontext error

Hi Steve

I too are having a similiar problem. The problem only occurs on win98se, ie 5.5 or 6 using 128 bit encryption.

Did you find a solution to your problem - if so it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know what it is.

Regards
    Matthew Rowe

Originally posted by sb8gq
    Hi Guys

Having a problem where i'm happily running my VB6 application against a sql2000 database.

My VB6 application will do a certain number iterations (reading from a recordset, and then inserting records into a table), and then it
    will fall over with the following error message.

Run Time Error ='2147467259 (80004005)' :

CryptoAPI function 'CryptAcquireContext' failed. Error 0x8009001d:
    (Error description unavailable)

At this point, I try closing the ADO connection, and re-opening, and I get the same error.

Whenever I try to load another windows program (i.e. Windows Explorer), I get a 'not enough memory to load program' error

I know that I have memory avaliable, (at least 80mb is being reported in the 'Free Physical Memory').

If I try running the SQL Insert statment in SQL Query Analyser, the insert works perfectly. (And I can also disconnect / reconnect to the SQL Server)

The only way to get my VB6 App to run the SQL Insert line is to stop the SQL Server process, and re-start it.

Obviously this is not a great solution, as my code is running on a client's machine which I do not have control over.

I've looked on newsgroups, and forums, and have come across a few references to this problem, yet none of them have had definative answers.

Can anybody help me please?????

Steve

Unfortunately I couldn't find a solution to this problem. I managed to persuade the client to stop using that particular feature of our product

Let me know how you get on.
    Cheers

Hi Steve

I too are having a similiar problem. The problem only occurs on win98se, ie 5.5 or 6 using 128 bit encryption.

Did you find a solution to your problem - if so it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know what it is.

Regards
    Matthew Rowe