Thread: DB2 and MVS

Unhappy Unanswered: DB2 and MVS

We actually have our data on a MVS server, with DB2 database system. Our futur application(java, websphere) will exist twice on our system, for two different customers.

DB/2 tables must be separated for the two customer.

Our DBAs has realized that we can not create twice the same table with the same Schema, even in two different databases.

We cannot put parameter in our SQL requests because we work with EJB (entity beans).

My questions :
    Is that true that we can not create twice the same table whit the same schema ?
    Has somebody already found a solution before this situation ?

Thank for your help

1. Yes, if you are talking about DB2 for OS/390. You can only habe one object (Table) with same owner (schema) and name in on DB2 subsystem (the concept of database on the host is not the same as on UWO).

2. I don't know much about Entity Beans, so I can't answer the second question. It looks like you have to make a redesign...

I don't know a whole lot about EJB's, but why do you need separate tables for each customer?

Check out the 'Use DB2 packages to reduce programming effort with instancing' section in - it may be able to help you solve your problem.

Manila, Philippines

my 2cents

I am with RKrick, i think you should redesign
    Even if you figure this one out, you will be facing the same problem when a new customer comes. I think your terribly wasting resources.

Good luck !