Unanswered: Using DoCmd.OpenQuery with query parameters

I need to open a query when a person clicks a button on a form. This query requires a couple of parameters which will be entered into the text boxes on the form.

How do I include the parameters as part of the query?

I was thinking along the lines of:

DoCmd.OpenQuery( "SELECT * FROM Table WHERE Param1 = 'text'" )

Any suggestions as to how this can be done?

Instead of using the DoCmd.OpenQuery command, use the DoCmdRunSQL. You can insert the values into the select statement. The Open Query only allows you to run the a predefined query.

Example: Docmd.RunSql ("Select *** from table ** where ***= '" & txtboxvalue "' and so on.

Let me know if this helps.

North Carolina

If the form is going to be open when you are running the query, you can set the parameters to controls on the form. For example, assume you have a textbox called Textbox1 on your form that will contain the value you need for the query. Open your query in design mode. On the Criteria line for the field in the query that needs to get its value from the form, enter the following (change the form name and control name as appropriate):

As long as the form is open when the query is called, the query can reference the value of a control on the form in this manner.

Hope it helps--