Unanswered: Access 2K to Foxpro 2.5 odbc drivers

Does anyone know of ODBC drviers that let Access 2000 link to FoxPro 2.5 tables?

I haven't been able to find any or figure out how. Now, I have to open the FoxPro tables in Excel than save as a .csv and then import into Access. This quickly eats up disk space and I can't afford to do this much longer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I beleive you already have some ODBC drivers on your PC. Just choose one with name FoxPro files.

Igor

Thanks. Those don't seem to work, or I haven't been able to figure out how to use them. I think those ODBC drivers are for foxpro databases or a different version, and I need one for foxpro 2.5 tables. Whenever I try one of the existing drivers (for foxpro tables or databases), it says "file not in expected format" or soemthing.

You are not trying Visual FoxPro ... ODBC drivers? Are you?

I think that is the problem. I have Access 2000 which only has odbc drivers to visual foxpro--even the named drivers that say foxpro (not visual foxrpo) still use the VFP odbc drivers.

I've narrowed the problem down to the MDAC version. The current version I have loaded is 2.7, but the foxpro drivers I need are in MDAC 2.5 or earlier. I guess my question now is how do I manually load the earlier foxpro odbc drivers? Any clues?

Hi,

May you attach any FoxPro 2.5 table with index file, so I can try it. Unfortunately, I don't have any such files handy.

Igor

Here is a chart of accounts. You need to unzip it. Try it without indecies.

Thanks for your help. I think I need a driver using odfox32.dll. All the foxpro odbc drivers in my data source use vfpodbc.dll.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Memo file Chart.fpt and possibly index file Chart.cdx are missing in your zip.

you are right. here is the new zip vile with chart.dbf, chart.cdx, and chart.fpt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

Visual Foxpro driver works fine with FoxPro 2.5 tables.

Follow steps:

1. Right click on database window and choose Link tables.
    2. In Files of Type choose ODBC()
    3. Click on Machine Data Source tab.
    4. New
    5. Next
    6. Select Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver and click Next and then Finish.
    7. Type in datasource name, choose Free Table Directory, specify Path then click OK
    8. Click OK

Igor

I tried that. After I follow all the steps, I get the Link Tables window but there are no tables displayed to choose from. But if you say you got it to work, there must be something I'm doing wrong. Can you verify for me the name and version of the visual foxpro odbc driver?

name = vfpodbc.dll
    ver = 6.01.8629.01
    date = 9/21/99

You probably didn't enter Path to your table on step #7.

Thanks for your help, I got it working. It turns out the reason why tables did not display in the Link Window was because there were too many .dbf's in the folder. It was taking too long to load all their data dictionaries.

I was able to quickly link .dbf's using code. Again thanks.