Unanswered: Hidden Relationships

I have a live database that I need to change a data type from number to text. (in order to keep leading zero's...if there is a better way, I'd love to hear it ) It says (Access XP) that I can't change the data type because it is part of one or more relationships. However, the relationships window shows NOTHING (doing a show all). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

VV

1. are you using linked tabled? maybe references are defined in the linked db.

2. you really should not convert to text to get leading zeros
    use the format property/function instead. lets say you want to print at least 5 digits, your format would be 00000 and the function would look like format(MyNumber, "00000").

If you want to see all relationships, then go to Relationships menu and click on Show All item.

Igor

Re: Hidden Relationships

ehem Igor:

Originally posted by VetteVert
    .... However, the relationships window shows NOTHING (doing a show all).....

"leading zeroes"

in order to keep leading zero's...if there is a better way, I'd love to hear it
    Apel is right -- there sure is!!

the only time you can ever "see" leading zeroes is when you select the column in a query

so, when selecting the numeric column, just format it to show leading zeroes

this applies even if you are trying to join a numeric column with a character column -- just format the numeric and compare strings

rudy
    http://rudy.ca/

Thanks guys. The formatting worked. I didn't realize you could type over the entries in the drop-down box for format. I was trying to use the input mask...which worked until you tabbed out of the field.

Thanks again,

VV