Unanswered: Form with snapshot type data source locks table

This thing is really really wierd , I can't see any logical explanation for this:

I have a form with a snapshot type recordsource. As soon as this form is opened another completely unrelated table gets read only. It doesn't even matter what recordsource the form has. I'm no longer able to edit nor add or delete records in the table. It does not lock it (shouldn't do that also), it seems more like the table is set to snapshot as well, other users can still access it. If I set the form to dynaset record source it works like a charm (but that's not what I want).

My only real option seems to be to recreate the form from scratch as importing into a new table and a decompile won't help... *sigh*

Maybe somone has a clue or experienced similiar. It's an Access 2000 frontend with linked Access 2.0 tables (yea, you heard right, not for long anymore though )

OK, some further info. Rebuilding the form didn't help. And the data source DOES matter, only don't know in what way exactly yet. Seems like if the table(s) in the recordsource have a reference to that specific table, couldn't completely figure it out yet. It's enough to be a single table, nothing with joins what I initially expected. oh well, gotta run...