Unanswered: Unix emulator in Win2K

I have installed a freeware unix emulator in Win2K... the problem is, when ever i try to execute db2 command on the unix prompt, I get the Command Line Environment not Initialized error message.

When I type DB2CMD, the clp is launched on another window, outside the unix emulator, which is not what intend to do.

Is there anybody here who have a similar working set-up ? Do i need to reinstall DB2 in 'Unix' ? How can i make DB2 Win2K act like it is under a Unix environment, using emulators ?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    Oliver

Re: Unix emulator in Win2K

db2cmd /i opens CLP in the same window .... Not sure if this info helped ...

I don't think, it will be possible to install DB2 in 'Unix' on your emulated environment ....

BTW, what emulator are you using ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by oliver
    I have installed a freeware unix emulator in Win2K... the problem is, when ever i try to execute db2 command on the unix prompt, I get the Command Line Environment not Initialized error message.

When I type DB2CMD, the clp is launched on another window, outside the unix emulator, which is not what intend to do.

Is there anybody here who have a similar working set-up ? Do i need to reinstall DB2 in 'Unix' ? How can i make DB2 Win2K act like it is under a Unix environment, using emulators ?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    Oliver

Thanks Sathyaram !

you are right the clp was opened in the same window but this is not what i intended to do... i thought i can experiment with DB2 Unix using the emulator but the clp under the unix window acts the same as with a win2k window....

i am using CYGWIN...

AFAIK, it is not possible to run any Unix verision in your settings ...

Have you given a thought to install Linux on your PC/laptop ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by oliver
    Thanks Sathyaram !

you are right the clp was opened in the same window but this is not what i intended to do... i thought i can experiment with DB2 Unix using the emulator but the clp under the unix window acts the same as with a win2k window....

i am using CYGWIN...