Exclamation Unanswered: Oracle Enterprise Manager..

I have installed Oracle 8i and i am new to it.
    I want to run Oracle Enterprise Manager. It asks for Administrator, Password & Management Server. I have tried all passwords up to my knowledge but it doesn't allow me to enter.
    Can anybody tell me whats is the default password to login and also what is meant by the term "Management Server".

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi,

Try
    username: sysman
    password: oem_temp.

Thanks... But not working

hi ritka,
    I have also tried the login and password which u gave but still it doesnt allow me.
    It gives the Err. Message:
    VKT-1000: Unable to connect to the management server webdevlp. Please verify that you have enetered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management Server.

Hmm,

You know, I'm almost sure that you haven't problems with the username and the password. I will research for a while ...

Have you started the Management Server Service ?

Maybe this document will be interesting for you:

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/...a85247/toc.htm

Thanks

Hi,
    I will go through the document & will get back to u if again i encounter some problems....

Thanks for helping me....

Re: Thanks

In following the messages of this thread, I suspect you are trying to connect to a management server where none exists. Start up OEM in standalone mode and the sysman/oem_temp should get you right in. You'll find this information in the document that Ritka pointed you to, but this will get you in until you have a chance to read it.

Regards,
    Tom

Re: Thanks

In following the messages of this thread, I suspect you are trying to connect to a management server where none exists. Start up OEM in standalone mode and the sysman/oem_temp should get you right in. You'll find this information in the document that Ritka pointed you to, but this will get you in until you have a chance to read it.

Regards,
    Tom