Unanswered: Remembering passwords for SQL Server link

I'm using Access 2000 as a front-end to an SQL Server database (SQL Server 7 to be precise).

It all works fine, however every time a form is opened, users are asked for the connection login and password. This is quite a problem since the main form has many sub-forms, and it appears that the login prompt is displayed for each form, so before the main form is even displayed there are about 7 or 8 prompts for passwords.

The options button on the login prompt is disabled, and I'm guessing there may well be an option to remember the password from there.

Is there any way I can set a default username and password? Everybody accessing it will be logging in using the same user/pass. As a last resort I could use NT Authentication, but I'd rather it was controlled using the SQL login details.

Had same problem recently. I know that there is code for the usernamen and password that you can add to your form/query whatever but that is not necessary.

Instead just edit your database, delete your linked table and re import-link it. During the initial import-link there is an option to save password. Bingo, no more problem.

Cheers, Bentley