Thread: SQL Mail!!!!!!

Angry Unanswered: SQL Mail!!!!!!

I am trying to set up SQL mail on SQL server 2000 and windows 2000. I have created a profile with the correct logon, had a look in control panel\internet options\programs and outlook is my default mail program, but I can't see my profile when I click on the drop down list in SQL server under sql agent. I also had a look at the 2 .dll files in nt/system32 and program files\...\...\..\ .dll. Also the correct service pack is loaded.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thx, Jaco

Greenville, SC

I had the same issue - I found this on MSFT's site and it helped greatly. Pay attention to the following:

NOTE : If the profile name that you type in is not recognized or no profiles appear in the drop-down list box for SQL Server 7.0 or SQL Server 2000, you have started the MSSQLServer service under the Local System account. Change the service to start under a domain account, stop and restart SQL Server, and then try to configure the mail profile again

Hope this helps

The Hague, NL

And even then, sometimes the profile name just won't show up. Enter the name anyway, and it'll work (providing you're running SQLServerAgent under the correct user).

And less exclamation marks will do, thank you...