Unanswered: Trying to run ASP on XP pro

Ive been trying to run ASP on WINDOWS XP professional and for some reason I can't. Ive already installed IIS and so Ive done in another computer that did work.
    After creating a "MyWebs" folder in Inetpub and writing an ASP file, I try to run it from the browser typing "http://localhost/MyWebs/player.asp" and it gives me an error.
    I'm positive the code is well written (Ive run it in another computer) and the installation of IIS went well.
    PLEASE!!!!!
    anyone who can think of a solution to this nightmare, let me know ASAP

thanks
    Last edited by mari_leon; 07-17-02 at 12:05.

What error(s) have you received ? Also, try an html file (but change the htm(l) to asp and see what happens.

The error I get is as if the browser couldn't find the localhost. changing html to asp doesn't do it. If you have any other idea I'd appreaciate you let me know
    Thanks for your response
    regards
    Marisabel

Try the ip address of the machine that has iis installed on it, instead of localhost.

Angry Nope

Thanks again for your concern... but nope, the ip doesnt work either... Ive already tried it...

Anything else comes up your mind... let me know!!!!

THANK YOU

Can you ping the ip address ? If so, is iis even running on your machine - try stopping and restarting iis - make sure it is running. Look in your event viewer to see if there are any errors. What is the exact error you receive when you try to access a page- e.g. internal server error ...