Thread: Nested Subforms

Angry Unanswered: Nested Subforms

I have a main form which has a subform and then another subform within that one.

When I created the main form and the first subform the db was allowing me to add new records and was automatically using the linked master/child fields from the appropriate tables for the needed pk/fk's.

However, when I added the new sub-subform using the wizard it now will still bring up the linked records but will not allow new additions to the original subform because it says that it is is missing a required entry (which is true but the required entry is the linked field).
    Any idea what happened and how I can fix it?
    Thanks in advance-
    PAC

I suspect you can get round this using the on_current event of the first subform to set the defaultvalue of the field on the 2nd subform - or if there is a visible textbox - just set the value

Bit clumsy but should do the job unless I have misunderstodd the problem completely

-Aav

Thanks- it seems that the 'wizard' had added a text box with the missing field onto the form but it was about 1mm in size and UNDER another field. I found it when in utter frustration I decided to move all the fields around on the form. Thanks again-
    PAC