Unanswered: no records.problem

i have a form designed for viewing request information and all other data related to it by use of subforms and buttons to other forms. a new and very annoying problem has arose. when i open the form, it shows 1 record, and give you no option to add, move one record forward, and one record backward. when i change into design view, and then back to view, it shows the records. or when i view the query, it shows records in the query, but not in the form when i first open it.

does this sound like a familiar problem?

can i add a button to requery my forms source query? if so, what would be the syntax of such code?
    Unique like everyone else,
    Clark
    -------------------------------------------
    POSTING IS THE TERRIBLE SECRET OF SPACE!

Not to state the obvious, but it sounds like the form is now being opened with a more restrictive filter than you want.

I am guessing that this form is being opened via a docmd which has a filter. Especially if, when you go to design and then back to view, you are no longer restricted from viewing the larger dataset.
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

thanks for the hint. there was no filter, but after examinattion i found what the problem had been. for some unexplained reason, the dataentry property of the form sets itself to true. i set it to false, saved and closed the form. when i opened it, it had set back to true. it will not let me save it as false, so, i put code to set it to dataentry=false on the forms on open command, and i also put it with the refresh button. it works now. even if it is not the best workaround.
    Unique like everyone else,
    Clark
    -------------------------------------------
    POSTING IS THE TERRIBLE SECRET OF SPACE!

I wonder if Access deemed a change to your forms/subform data table design as potentially destructive and is trying to protect you from entering data? Here is your Chinese-fortune-cookie/MSAccess advice. Check your relationships and becareful about confusing information.
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.