SLC, Utah

Unanswered: Win2K Oracle 8i Parallel Server

I have a situation at work to try and implement an Oracle Parallel server using Oracle 8i Enterprise edition software on 2 Win2000 Servers, running in a cluster environment against data files on a Raid Array of disks with a RAW configuration. My MIS director set much of the clustering and RAW configuration for the array up already. My part is to figure out what is needed to get the parellel server to run about 10 different databases on these 2 parallel machines so that they can access their data files on the array. However, after searching the site, I found many documents describing how, and the steps, but they were confusing and contradicted each other on many points.

Can anybdy help me with the true proper steps and what issues I need to worry about?

Any help would be appreciated.

California, USA

Agree... It is not a clear cut solution. It is a very lenghtly and complex sometimes.

I doubt someone could give short list of to-do steps. If you need more info regarding implementing Oracle Parallel Server, you can read this Document

Hope that helps,

OCP - DBA