Angry Unanswered: Struggling with LookUp

Can anybody help me?

I need to get a list/combo box on a form I am designing to look exclusively at another table in my database. Where I begin typing in an account number, Access begins to automatically fill out information from the lookup table. This is fine until I type in an account number which is not on the other table. What I need to know is a way of entering a validation rule (I think?!) which will prevent numbers which are not on the table from being entered in the field. Does anyone know of such a procedure. Am I making sense?

Hello,

In combo box property Change the Limit To List to Yes, that will force the user to choose from the lookup list table.

Good Luck!

Question Ok, I tried that...

Originally posted by alicejwz
    Hello,

In combo box property Change the Limit To List to Yes, that will force the user to choose from the lookup list table.

Good Luck!
    I tried that - it seemed to make a lot of sense, thanks for your help. However, when I swicth on to the form and go to type in the number, it does not bring up any lists from the other table and allows me to put in numbers which aren't on the LookUp. What am I doing wrong? There must be a load of settings or properties which I am not using correctly. Ideally, I want the box to automatically complete account numbers if they exist on the LookUp table and notify users if they do not. Does anyone know where I can get more in depth reading about this area of form design?

If your combo box does not display the Lookup table check these two areas:
    The Control Source property in your combo box must link to a field(account number) in your LookUp table.
    The Row Source property in your combo box needs the name of the Lookup table.

Let me know.

Originally posted by alicejwz
    If your combo box does not display the Lookup table check these two areas:
    The Control Source property in your combo box must link to a field(account number) in your LookUp table.
    The Row Source property in your combo box needs the name of the Lookup table.

Let me know.
    For some strange reason, there does not appear to be a Row Source for the Combo Box. I have checked against a List Box and that does have a Row Source. Flicking between List Box and Combo Box I have noticed that you cannot restrict entries to list with a List Box, but you can with a Combo Box.