Unanswered: Write Conflict Updates - Critical

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to work this problem for a while not getting anywhere.

Ok typical write conflict scenario with Access ADP Client and SQL Server

Client has a Form A with recordset coming from Table A and has a subform B with recordset from Table B. Table A to B is a One to One relationship.
    Important point is there is a Field X which is in both A and B, and the logic is A.X gets updated when B.X does.

Now say Clients 1 and 2 are both viewing same records on A and B. Client 1 changes B.X and consequently A.X also gets changed.

After this point Client 2 tries to change B.X, gets a conflict msgbox, decides to drop changes and Access makes B.X show the value that Client 1 put in. Now the simple thing that I'm trying to figure out is how do you get A.X on Client 2 to show the changes. I've tried the Refresh, Requery, etc. from within the Form_Error event of Form B but gives error.

Well hope this doesn't sound too confusing. Thanks for any inputs.

Hazz

What is the exact error you receive?

Write Conflict

Hi Jill,

The message that I get is something like "There is a Before Update event or Validation rule that is preventing the value of the field from being updated".
    And I am pretty sure that this error message is just not the source of the real error..anyways..thanks

Hazz