Unanswered: MS Access locked by ASP

I'm currently having trouble setting up our server. We basically had to rebuild the server from scratch due to a problem we had a few nights before. Everything seems to run fine, but very inconsistently. Basically, when several requests are made by a user on our website, they are entered into the queue, and normally released from the queue when they have been processed. In our case, they are not released and slowly increases. It also then creates an .ldb file which locks the database up and by that point, the website no longer functions. Can someone help out? Thanks!

Sounds liks each connection your making to your database in asp is not getting closed quickly enough. Are you closing the db connection when the asp code finishes or just leaving it open??
    J^ - web | email
    newsASP Developer

I found out some more info that can clarify a bit more. Basically, whenever the ASP opens up the database, it obviously creates an .ldb file. The problem is, even when the last user leaves, the .ldb file does not get deleted. Therefore any other requests that are being made stack up on the queue, because they are not being fulfilled because of the locked database. The queue grows til the queue max, then the site doesn't run anymore. Thanks!

ASP and .ldb files

I am getting the same problem. I am able to get results from the table but I cannot add records. I created a new database and imported from the old one and the pronblem still exists. Any ideas?

Kirk

How about this so that only one user accesses the database at a time:

Buffer That Output by Charles Carroll
    http://www.learnasp.com/advice/whybuffer.asp
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Originally posted by Bullschmidt
    How about this so that only one user accesses the database at a time:

Buffer That Output by Charles Carroll
    http://www.learnasp.com/advice/whybuffer.asp
    Just a thought, but if you have "On error resume next" set, and there's an error of any sort in your database scripting, you may not be properly closing the connection and not even know it.

In my experience, the lock file gets created and sometimes stays there when the script tells the DB to do something odd that it can't or isn't supposed to do.

Make certain there are no On error directives active so that if there are any errors going on you actually get to see them.

Tim
    Tim