Angry Unanswered: Script Center Error - DBA2078E

Hi,
    I am getting an error from Script Centre.
    When running even the simplest script I always get the following
    result in Journal.

DBA2078E An unexpected error occurred. There is no job output.

The Message Reference says:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Explanation: There is no job output from running the job.

User Response: A possible error could be an invalid file extension is used on the operating system. Recreate the script with a valid extension.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This means nothing. I have tried all manner of file extensions, .bat, .cmd, .sql, .db2.
    The scripts work on my test machine (exactly the same setup) without using any file extension for the script.

I am logged on directly to the server as DB2ADMIN.
    Running DB2V7 Fixpack 5 on Win2K Adv Server. This is a production system and we are unable to schedule maintenance jobs because of this.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Re: Script Center Error - DBA2078E

Have a look into the db2diag.log of the admin server. It should be in Program Files\sqllib\db2das00\ ?
    They might give a better idea of the error ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by milto1
    Hi,
    result in Journal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Response: A possible error could be an invalid file extension is used on the operating system. Recreate the script with a valid extension.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This means nothing. I have tried all manner of file extensions, .bat, .cmd, .sql, .db2.
    The scripts work on my test machine (exactly the same setup) without using any file extension for the script.

Running DB2V7 Fixpack 5 on Win2K Adv Server. This is a production system and we are unable to schedule maintenance jobs because of this.

Thanks,

Unhappy

Thanks, I have checked the db2diag.log for DB2DAS00 and DB2 instances. There are no messages at all in there. There is nothing in the
    win2000 event log either. The error has occurred at least 40 times with no clue as to what's causing it. The Script Centre is completely unusable
    for us.

Hello,

I'm receiving the same DBA2078E as you were in July. I don't see any replies with a solution. Did you figure out what the problem was? I'm running on DB2 UDB 7.2 Fixpak 6 on 4.3.3 AIX.

Thanks,
    Dudley

Hi,
    result in Journal.

Thanks,

Thumbs down Re: Script Center Error - DBA2078E

No I haven't found a solution. I have raised a ticket with IBM Support.
    After supplying numerous traces from different configurations they are sending it up to the Toronto lab. Waiting to hear...

Thanks,

If you have not tried before, drop the admin server, restart the machine and then create and start the admin server ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

No I haven't found a solution. I have raised a ticket with IBM Support.
    After supplying numerous traces from different configurations they are sending it up to the Toronto lab. Waiting to hear...

Thanks,

Thanks, already tried that twice. No difference. Doing so does, however,
    lose all your saved scripts from Script Centre. They are still in the file system though, at c:\sqllib\db2das00.

I was getting the same thing on DB2 7.2 on Windows.

Here is how I was able to finally schedule a .BAT file to execute from Script Center:

First, even though it is an OS command you are trying to do, create the script as a DB2 command script.

Second, prefix the execution of the .BAT file with an !
    i.e. !c:\temp\test.bat;

I have the semi-colon because that is my default end of statement delimiter in db2. Make sure you include this or you'll get an end of file reached error.

I also entered the working directory just in case as c:\temp in this example.

The only output that gets into the journal is an echo of the command, so if you need output or feedback on the .BAT file, may need to do it with a redirect i.e. !c:\temp\test.bat > test.out

I hope you check back here and try this, it has ended incredible frustation for me!